Wednesday, October 25, 2006

the victorian castle we call home

where i live

nerves today
nervous like a buttercup floating away

not sure why or whats to become
unsure of how to undo whats been done

figuring i can only rest assured
that the light will guide my way home

in the middle of the night
after i've followed all you night owls home
expecting warmth and love
only to wake up cold at your blue tv's feet
tired and defeat

stumbling home the walk of shame
as i give the old lady my last dime
the last nickel to my name

go home to my castle
where the shades are drawn
and sit down at my long table
and eat toast by my fireplace
cold dark hallways leading to empty rooms
with ghosts and nervous wakenings
happening under chandeliers shaking
the california faults breaking
the victorian castle i call home

windows shatter at sound of voices
that no longer matter

the refrigerator humming stops
the blood from the bowels of my goblet drop
the velvet rope on my robe knot
frazzled mess of a hair mop
wake up from this nightmare fraught with screams

run up the winding stairs to the white wind
i call my room
freezing breeze of dead leaves flow

solitude of my words caught
in a aching fire somewhere in my brain
i can't help but imagine where i should be
but in this victorian castle we call home

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...