Sunday, October 15, 2006

these rules can't confine me

people are afraid
homophobic and in the closet
still after all the years of educating
i have returned to this place
of ignorance and mighty mighty jesus
lord is king bible belt bliss

she is still afraid
hiding in her closet
behind words that represent
heteroism but in the form of suggestion
i'm not that way must be where she was raised
some corn field middle of america

but she's been in LA for 10 years, i scream
at the top of my best party dress with lipstick
smeared on my white pleather belt thick chains
meant to represent that i despse development
i'm anti-system, even still at this age

wondering, how can i get them to change their views
but haven't they given in
gone to Target and Starbucks, all in one day
it's cheaper that way to support the masses
when the middle class is as broke as ever
and the farms are no longer a commune of freedom
where can we go?

excited and sad hiding out in the dark
your silence still equals death
20 years running

and i've been open and out for 18 years now
letting people know
their rules can't confine me

to my family's dismay
it's not fair to be this alone
but it's brave
'cuz people are afraid

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...