Thursday, October 26, 2006

i get my glory in these restless days

the lights all are off
windows wide open
the winter air crisp and clean
wafting onto my legs

i need to study for this life
i need to make room for more knowledge
i need to dispell this love onto a more
static carnage

snores drift through the open space
i dare wake this sacred grace
i hit my coffee with my eager face
i get my glory in these restless days

the response of an old love
a teenage romance fling
of which an admirer of mine perhaps
but never gave me the time of day

i'm always far removed
like i belong on another planet
i wanted to be with you
but fear replaced me near

and friends in the late hour
stop by while i'm in my robe
smoking myself to death
eating cheese & wine by breath

talking of their pains
comfort in the shame we do
all of us together
even in the dead of night

i'm going to leave the house today
i'm going to make an effort today
the darkness of the days to come
settle in my bones

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...