Sunday, October 29, 2006

easier said than done

no obligation in the things we do
you'd rather die than fraternize
tonight
sell out, stuffy pants, ultra hip family clan
pretention and format, the token fill-in-the-blank
california liberal right winged city folk
artsy and pretending to be free
it's not in you but at least you've got the right idea

and i falter way too much
and forget and start to do things
out of blind obligation
and assumption

wanting them oblivious to their slight offering
giving way too much
and getting little in return

it's kind of become my way

but you remind me there's better things for me
and i should stand proud and believe
in the things that are within me
such things i do weakly continuously
deep down knowing it's in me
and that you are right

live honestly and peacfully
truthfully and give to those when
it fulfills
stop caring about what others think
easier often said than done

and appreciate everything else in me
it's a process
i thank you for helping me

cause i'm a lost soul ready to be freed

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...