Tuesday, October 10, 2006

for a god damn reason child

i leave so fast but long
for these things called past
but when the time comes
feels so easy to just throw it all away
out the window

and run run run so far away
always remembering the way it was
begging myself to go back
but knowing i have come too far
for a god damn reason child

too late to go back
and you didn't want it anyway
and the others didn't want me to want it
either
anyway

sad when i left but brought me down
to toughen me perhaps
see if i can hack it
take the heat of crazy worlds i sought
cuz i'm an explorer, a traveler
but when the heat became too hot
like when the going got rough
i had no problem rolling
down the winding road
letting you know i would only be around for your honey
no vinegar for this free spirited soul

no vinegar to contaminate my fragile sensitive soul
that has no real place to go that flows in between
rocks and leaves when it empties into the river
you can't catch

like a fish in water i swim steadily
away from stagnant streams dried out

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...