Saturday, September 16, 2006

twig

you're barely 18
and i can see the fear behind those eyes
the pain of what is going to be lost
i carry your angst like a bounty in my brain

you yell, you're loud, you beg me within your tears
all in five minutes time
then you're gone
laughing
on to the next song

you're not even 18
and i can't remember your pains
i was much older then

and your troubles seem so little to me
your legs, your arms withering away
twig like a baby

mothering. sistering, stop the madness,
you have so much ahead of you

you listen, you nod, you agree
"this is all slowly killing me"

then you're gone
begging me not to go
you walk away with your heart in your stomach
but i believe you are in good hands

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...