Thursday, September 21, 2006

money

awake in the morning
i realize your name
the way i live my life
an excuse
for the way you live yours

people in india die from unknown causes
while you blame so easily
and it doesn't slide off
as you might think it should
as i wish it would

when the reality is that this is it

i find peace here
knowing how near to me
you are my dear

but the rest is a game
in my head, i guess
that you play to remind me
convince me, that it is me

the one who has caused us to be where we are

it's a game you play that works
to secure your position
in life

when in reality you would be no different
without me

like a child planning an outfit
for the next school day
this is it
and it is ok

at least we came to where we did
at least we came out here when we did
we could stay like this forever
and it would be ok

with no expectations in our head
of the future
except respect and honor

and everything that comes out of your mouth
is wishful thinking
but to put the dream into action
is a desire and drive you lack
although steadfast and sturdy you continue

if only to be discovered
while i play the lotto

a vision, an image you want to impress

i can't even afford the tattoo on my arm
that i want
that is real

slow and steady wins the race
that i will give you
but the rest is your dream
that i no longer believe

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...