Monday, September 04, 2006

another warrior

thank you to the ones that have honestly
and genuinely said what made sense to me
about me, i know you mean it sincerely

and the ones who keep their mouth shut
well i know what you're thinking
when you stare, size me up and down
but thank you for acting like you weren't judging me
there has got to be some civility

and the sweet ones, who admire me
appreciate my silly, covet my simplistic outward liberated mentality
thank you
you built me

and the ones who didn't come from a place of knowing me
and attacked me based on some inner security
you too have taught me in the beginning to hate myself
but you pushed me to take a better look at me and
in the end you helped me to improve myself
and appreciate this strength in me that people often confuse for weakness
or try to break down
but i can't help it
i'm a warrior

with scars and battle wounds to prove it

and those in my life, the teachers
did i pick you because
even as adults we need guidance
to learn what is still unlearnt

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...