Friday, May 14, 2010

A Star That Shines Really Bright

Some late night parties with girls, rockstars coming up
Just a dumb guitarist
And then her big eyes and exclamations to hear it,
That girl over there, yes, she lives it.
Holy high hell Batman
She cannot believe it.

Come home empty to an empty room
Once craving the love of a man who is too consumed
Now fallen out of love so it seems
A bird growing a new set of wings
Still trying to come clean
He understood so it seemed
But then followed me to the bedroom

But today is another day
He will have to come face to face with the truth

He's still in the dark
About the transformations of the lark.
And, don't want to jinx it so
I just let it go.

And old girlfriends keep stirring the pot
An old friend heavy in my thoughts
It's just a rock n roll drug induced dream
Just another dumb guitarist on the edge of living clean
There is no way in holy high hell, she's just a teen.

Sweetness and pain mix so well together
like when the longest day turns into the longest night
I know it's sad to you the things I am going to do.
But I'm kind of indifferent. I kind of say 'fuck you.'
It's just a dumb guitarist and a girl's plight
Not the sharpest knife, but a star that shines really bright.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...