Thursday, November 30, 2006

common-place

Trying to squelch the desire
the jealousy and worry, my fear and envy
that bubble up in my throat
when I look in your mirrors

you're too cool and annoyingly so
i think ye try too hard
sometimes glamourous sometimes yellow
i know the real you doth afraid too much
your name in lights like your drug
an escape from reality
but i guess i've got some old ways
old arrogance and conceit
i hate bubble game and the color pink
and i think you're too old
to be playing this game
to be craving this much

and you think if you change your name
live the unplain, above the strip
you can run away and forget all the pain
this world doth sustain day to day

i guess i try and avoid because i'm easily swayed
even though i know my face, my place, my ways
that child inside that fears
being left behind, forgotten, overlooked
when its common-place
with books and brains we'd better off
and win this race
that the end of the world will soon erase

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...