Thursday, December 07, 2006

socially awkward

Late nights liquor rock and roll blues
takes a toll on the body soul and system
we sleep so few dark days in arms of this stranger
who becomes quite so near

I remind myself the blurry lacerations on my eyelids
represent the risks I take
in life
to go places I might not have seen
otherwise

It's not for everyone or the faint of hearted
who sit around and beg for safety
watching these little ones behind the desks of sterility
reading somewhat so they stay in the know
vicarious voyeurs

But in the do, is the risktaker, who can't sit still
or the methodical be-er planning and preparing

you gotta be out there my sister
do upon do, be upon being
let not the fear grab hold let your ankles be free
like dating online, when it's really not so hard to meet people

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...