Saturday, December 09, 2006

flower

hung up on last nights weather
there are good things in every air
in the big picture
but sometimes we get caught in the ventilator
focused on our moles
on our blemishes
confused to our core

i feel far removed from my old friends
from a time unknown a world depleted from memory
do you remember the day
you laughed at my dreams
as i write songs on my guitar meant for another place
together i forged with ones that believed
leaving the weeping behind
though it melted into my bones
swimming in my blood stream
like precious drops of gold
meant to take me back to days of old

i've treated so wrong, the world that did me tough
i've treated so bad, the world that laughed when I fell
now i smile and suggest i'm a flower
new people float in and out thinking of me sweet
innocent, kind,
until they meet my calloused soul

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...