Thursday, June 01, 2006

a piano awaits me

"and i rode along side
and i rode along side
till you lost me there
in the open road" -Tori Amos

This weekend, was going to take the guitar
on up with me now
was gonna pull the strings right up with me now
but i had a better idea
since i'm out here on my own now
can't count on this now, ever? no more

and people from this past
try to wash up on these shores
i'm not ready to face them now

not while you take the time
to think
insinuate
this may not go on
then slap me awake
when you come around

i can't take the time to sit around anymore
the words keep coming out of me
the lyrics in my brain
inspiration has never been so strong

so i'm lucky you've released me
for my life will not wait
for you to figure out
what you wanna do

This weekend, was going to sling on the guitar
strapped onto my back
then i remembered
the strings of
a piano awaits me
beyond the fog

a piano is tuning into my extremities
into my sitar
into my guitar

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...