Monday, June 05, 2006

cheering teen america

i walk this trail
a path from my past
past the old park
near your old house

i walk this old path
now i walk fast
with my hat
pulled down like a mask

i hide from suburbia
big and sunburnt burbia
tv dinner reality show mania
running past swimming pools
shaded peaceful areas
cheering teen america

blonde beauty i was never
ethnic beauty so unwanted
scary to the masses

i think now, its ok where i am
glad its not where i was
with you then
stuck in homogenous
ville

you were stronger, you were ok
i was not
i wanted more

you showed them
to my amazement
you showed me
to my face

and still i know
somewhere deep down
that fabulousity was mine first

always was me, not you
despite the road you took
despite my gut
my lack of will
your perseverence

for somehow you figured it out
while i was still gloating

and my coming may be late
but i believe it will be there
and it will be bright

if only i were able to go to new york

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...