Sunday, June 18, 2006

further

talk is cheap
these words drown desire
and hold me down

it is something you want to hear
specific
wanting to hear
your own voice
idealisms like yours
narcissism

for years i supplied
willingly along
agreed
what you wanted to hear
needed
to go ahead

i too
believed those words i said
true
wanted to believe in you

somewhere along
the words lost meaning
maturity ensued
the lights came on
ideals renewed
rediscovered

and i woke up
lost
alone
living a life of someone
unknown

see those words
won't work anymore
or for me now
and perhaps never did
fell off before i even met you
and i have to be true

afraid these new words
can't stand up
don't fit in
perhaps time is now
un-do, and re-do

as my thoughts flew
and out of your control
i flew

along today
i go on my own
still

further and further away
from anyone's control

we fed each other
i fed you, you fed me too
for too many years

there is a neediness in you
that i can no longer fulfill

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...