Monday, July 31, 2006

because you're almost full

so now i made a little note
a mental note
the scene is done
tired
old

my youth was fun
next stage welcome

work your heart out little girl
this job is kicking my ass

sometimes you have got to give it a last whirl
even if you don't feel it quite like before
because you're almost full
but if you take a break the hunger may return
so you think maybe

finish off that last piece
bite it until it's gone
forever
into the belly of your past

we had fun lil girls didn't we?
we had too much fun on many levels
but some left us empty
now that tank is full
of crap

half empty half full
more or less
it had meaning back then
so we thought
but doesn't quite seem to fit now

like a snake sheds its skin
or an onion
those words still ringing in my ears
for over a year

trying to let go
but always looking back
with a smile of sadness
turn around say my new friends
as they grab my hands
lets walk together into the forest
that is the future

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...