Thursday, August 03, 2006

brainy world

the stuff on those pages makes the pit
big in my nerves in my stomach
pit, shallow breathing, sadness
of a time that i am glad to move past

i wish you the best
you once were my friend
still are somewhere in me within
but i won't try anymore
to force the issue
force my niceness my neediness upon you

needy has faded and left me with jade
forge ahead into the world of books and brains
libraries extensive tither
literary intellect the savior
of my soul

and i was lost so hard trying though it didn't quite fit right
and though it made me lose control and want to throw it to the wind

and i wasn't living right
in the awkard shaped fit it made forcefully tied in place
squirming unable to stand behind any words that are true to me
saying what i meant but unable to seal the bank
of truth in my honor

i say these words to no one
i am silent quiet but knowing
the days months long past are cold
thank god for this brainy world
-m.g.wilson

"take me in
no questions asked
the life i left behind me is a cold one"
-sarah mclaughlin

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...