Thursday, July 13, 2006

for two days

spent the last few days with old friends
dinner with wine
sunning in venice beach
pampering ourselves at the spa
ida-ho wanted hollywood and water
having a swim and a lunch poolside at a table next to
Angelina Jolie

for two days
i forgot about my life
and some of my friends
some of these so called friends in my world
but they're more like associates

people i am to know by obligation
to know me back
call me
lets have dinner
go see an old friend
how 'bout a drink?
i've either known

sometimes i know i need to move
this town breeds shallow

and i see where we've been used
for our resources for someone else's gain
whether it be monetary or fame

this town breeds snakes
charming on the surface
but waiting to take your shirt off your back
and never planning to return it
unless you ask
you have to ask

for two days
i forgot about these women
slapping stabbing snaking grabbing
talk talk talk about themselves
pumping themselves up or not
because they're sneaky

i should go with my first instinct
it's never too late
to learn from our mistakes
how we can just erase them from our plate
our existence

i need to break away

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...