Sunday, July 30, 2006

marcy

so now i talk about myself
to marcy

we talk about
things like women
and love

smart girls earn it
pretty girls live it
desparate girls die alone

we all die alone i remind her
she reminds me its time to move on

in not so many words
taking a break she doesn't want to step on my toes
push her advice on me
yes, it's a technique i too know
all too well

and i appreciate it
subtlety
because i can read between the lines
sometimes too well and to my detriment
so i live my life perhaps in riddle
somewhere aware of the body
not so much the words
though that is what comes out
of me
most of the time
anyway

and those who cannot right now
interpret
take a hint
drink some gin and live in the abstract
are not in my venue

gradually exposing their dim ditz
just different
they say its honesty
i say
it's denial

wake up and smell the coffee that is brewing in your own kitchen
ladies
or else stupidity sweetheart may slap lips somewhere between
ass and feeling good just in the moment

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no life-style cramping is good

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...