Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Smell

The key is to have many outlets for your swell
I've been so kind and open from here to hell
The lady she loved me and together we worked fucking well
Till one day she got mixed up, gave in to the fumes, the funk,
the dank, the smell

It's growing stronger in this house
It's wretchedness day be day
and in between there are moments where my sweetness makes way
but overall he takes and takes and once in a while some days
he'll come over to me and give me a hug and appreciative words he'll say
The smell is getting bigger almost like his giant head
To put your money where your mouth is is like breaking bread

No room for obscure art of imagination
Let's make millions together just follow me
It's all that is ever mentioned
Yes, my dear, smiling, following docile-y along
But rearing up and getting ready to take this world by song

Not saying it's a bad deal just hurts the tender ego
It's not liking to brag about talent or BS genius
But still some days it would be nice to hear it
And every day goes by those lips flapping self enigmatic
Rude remarks and subtle put downs that make one think I've had it

I'm trying not to smell the stench or let my temper flare
But the tears keep welling up in my eyes, I know this can't be fair
And in my confusion my sadness, anger and haze
I recognize their illness, emptiness, despair and malaise

Trying so hard to make it, this is all they've got
And without this giant team on board this is all for naught
Are we all friends and family, do we meet each others every need
This is his time, I say, don't be driven by your greed

The stench today gets aired out as the back door stays wide open
You gotta come and go as you please
Let the air flow in and out, let your lungs breathe in and out
Everyone must own their pain.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...