Thursday, September 11, 2008

So Now You Say You're a Painter

So now you say you're a painter and I obsess with Henry Miller
We've all got our new or old endeavors, and I've finally moved past the rock band fancy
Gonna experiment with sounds, because the music is in me and write the books, while he fills his well of inspiration
getting A's and building the machine, undoing the system, movies and movies
and you paint your pictures, no band drama no pain

So now you say you're a painter and the rest is folklore
stories and storytellers all musicians are anyway, artists in our own ways
and the drug addicts have gone sober and the pool is overflowing with water

I realize who my friends are and who my friends can be, and I'm getting soft around the belly
but it still feels pretty
because the skirts I wanna wear with Vera and boots I wanna wear with Mary
I do it anyway, and it all still feels pretty

Henry didn't try quite as hard, and perhaps he didn't have to....but neither do we or you
So maybe everyone has turned painter or producer or writer or some bull shit endeavor which I barely believe anymore
anyway

but it still feels pretty

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...