Friday, September 19, 2008

compliments

I am so tired of the bragadocious so tired of my niceness
my nice compliments day in day out
i just want to be left alone to linger in my own silence, in my own peace
in my own place, in my own space
left alone to sleep on the floor or the couch at 5 in the morning.
how dare you notice that one time, that one measly time when you are fucking preoccupied with the tides of the moon no connection to what is going on with you
overweight and detached like most of America

So I do a line of cocaine here and there and you don't mind, in fact you supply it to me, let me do what I want
well I want to sleep on the floor. I want to be left alone. I don't want to want or need to need, or want to need or need to want anymore. And I don't want to do any of this with you anymore.

No, I am not mad, and you might think I am, but I am just being me, the way you get to be you, and I don't question or complain, and you compliment me the same this way
I let you be you, and I wait for a bone.

I know what I have to do, but in theory it becomes ridiculous and hard hand swept defeat. Just let me sleep. Just let be me you do, and then I remember it is perfect this way.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...