Saturday, September 20, 2008

Girl, Be Healthy and Smart

Early to bed, early to rise
It's a pattern I've always owned
but in these recent times honed
The opportunities will be different
Alone

My rhythm follows this cycle
Though I'd love to eek out more hours in the day
Hanging with the boys all night
But when they get their second wind
To finish chores undone and art a more
I've somewhere else, off to be
no more to be seen

I swear I have tired to change
but I guess it isn't me
I've got this inner clock that tells me
Girl be healthy and smart
Wealth may or may not be yours
Girl you gotta be only smart
Be only yourself, when sleep takes over
no need to fight it
tomorrow I am better

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...