Saturday, August 09, 2008

Woman of Leisure

Literary genius, making a name for yourself, still partying by candlelight, and making people go crazy
new discoveries, and memories, and reminders of what is so easily, just be, exist in neutrality
let the love in please

every time he takes his pants down for you does he get angry? treat you so badly
and everytime do you blame yourself pull away, tired of hearing his blathering ways
so tired again today

she wants to jam, invite her over I say
otherwise I will sit in here and write these essays all doggone day
cuz i'm not picking up the guitar today not when I already did so much work today
I'm a woman of leisure these days, remember

books, and journals, and books and journals, throw in a magazine here and there
turn on the computer and maybe the work will come my way
now there is an idea, i say.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...