Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Romantic Evening

Driving around during magic hour
listening to the droning sadness of The Cure
visions of a lesbian-fronted version to call my own

And the weight has been lifted,
because I worry for no reason
a non-jealous supportive response
to some old baggage I hold on to
and I want to cry, or sigh
who is this person, and why is he letting me be me
free

I drive around alone, during magic hour
I hardly work anymore and tonight I go home alone
Last night I tossed and turned overcome by fear and worry
tonight I'll sleep like a baby

I feel in love on and off
but that's not the point anymore
and now that's been established
we can move on
hold my hand in support, but not in possession
not in ownership
if you love someone set them free

Romantic evening I drive around alone
Downtown, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, and under the bridge
Dreaming of friends and freedom and the taste of wine on my lips

The sun sets and it's too dark to even write anymore
It's getting too dark to write here anymore
And they've all started walking home, holding hands

Sometimes the words they spill like a faucet
but only when happiness and inspiration, which are basically the same thing anyway, meet

Being out and about
Summer LA nights
the lights so bright far off in the distance

I stay out late alone
This is home.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...