Friday, April 27, 2007

things that break my heart

some things break my heart and there are not enough hours in the day to tell it
like the time she gave me her teddy bear hug him he's very sad you're leaving
twice two times, then quiet as she walks away, the 6 year old knows way too much her years are only beginning, but her body has seen everything, too much in it's days
like the blood she thinks is coming, and the adult man she's craving, and the little control she has over anything over anything

then there's the woman her three children, she's got these visions and illusions and her mother has forgotten everything thats been written and the father of this woman long dead in his grave cannot defend the memory though he's turning turning turning. the children are in fear what the hell is going on? and no one can control the hurricane that's brewing mom has lost her mind someone please help me and no we won't go so get that through your head

long lost sister who tells me she's still illin, still chillin though she's kicked the evil magic dragon. that one comes easy for me, she says and i'm supposed to praise her, i don't want to fall asleep she says i need another fix. trying to get her life on track but of course she's late to class, can't read music has no money, and i had to get off the phone. because it's the same story 13 years later. i tell myself i'm not the enabler or the victim. our passion for music and of course our blood it still ties us together. will always tie us together.

you know there is writing and there is music but somethings as we get older
sentiment and merriment existing and blurring together
i never went to church not even to tie the knot
but today i think it's the day, for these souls, or perhaps my own heart that breaks today i shall pray

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...