Monday, April 09, 2007

mistaken identity

break one off and i'm off and running
making this statement or that about this pending singlehood 'n it's glory
and children, like babies, you'll carry one in your womb
and i'm mistaken identity, working my way back
or perhaps into a shell of a being i once was that is now being filled being filled
of guitar strings and throw away wings flying into cliffs of fog
san francisco dreams so far away of a day about 12 years ago
of a red haired girl

singing my way into my mental health my mental wealth and for you who takes all my money takes all my money i give it to you because i buy your love buy buy buy buy buy love hahaha i laugh
as if my richness were in my pockets in my bank book holding strong
as if you're getting any part of me that's worth anything at all
the beauty in me is broke broke gold and broke broken into something growing with the days
i'm no longer old like i have been for 5 years, 19 again youth spilling through my ears but i can see now i can see now i can see me now and you and yours that which is not mine but exists in my playing field close to me, because i treat it with dignity and kindness and never smother never bother.
leaving los angeles and jealous. not a matter of time or passion but will not happen this week nor next but maybe some month down the road i'll get my bearings and i'll perform this song next to you in your ear and sing and play until my fingers bleed and my heart bleeds and my lungs bleed and my vocal chords......
un man walks home, slight limp, head heavy for it's been a long day at work, but worth it he thinks but never smiles ever so slight, walls up so high, and inside awaits his girl.....

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...