Tuesday, April 17, 2007

and sometimes.....

i eat sunflower seeds by a tree
party with the traveling roadside musicians till i'm weak
be the life of the party then leave

wither away in my room full of tears
run away just to prove i'm free
stir up emotions with a whif of jealousy and envy
let insecurity get the best of me

wonder why they're better friends than me
wonder why i'm feeling empty
work work work until my fingers bleed
get happy cuz it's my prosperity

miss my everyday friends that used to be
near me so that i could see
whenever i felt the need

but they're off pursuing the dreams, their life their love their things
like children i guess you have to let them go
and accept the distance as part of the show
and deep inside like our parents we know
that there is a chance
our past is our past, gone like wind
never to be revisited or seen again
and these days i still mourn those friends
like our parents musta mourned us when we went....

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...