Sunday, July 05, 2009

Especially Today

An emotional holocaust
death and morbidity in between
I suck up the energy and spit it out in your face
for these moments it does not erase

Sadness and dying are at the forefront today
even though the sun is shining
I'm scared and anxious just the same.

I know you can sense it, and I don't know what to say
I'm in a "funk" as they'd call it
just give me my space

Do I miss the city and the safety it brung?
Confined spaces and cleanliness
Feng shui playing a role
in the old tattered house we try to mold

I know I should be happy
My life is richer than before
But the sadness of his energy
a life of mine old

Clings in the air of my heart it grabs hold
It strips away the fullness and richness and bold
bringing deja' vu to my mind and sadness and cold

I'm tired of pretending everything is okay
That I'm happy and flourishing, back to my old ways
When in reality, there is emptiness, suffering and decay
I'm mourning a loss still
body, mind, heart and soul
Especially today

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...