Saturday, July 04, 2009

This Well Runeth Clean

I read a sad thing today, that I'd written long ago
About a man with a heavy heart and his head hanging low
How he would still continue and come on home
How he was my partner my rock my stone
God, it dug deep and hurt my gut and split my spleen
but no tears came out this time
This time this well runeth clean

I can see how I'm still here in the woods, way deep
I can barely see the sky peeking through in between
glimpses of brightness and bright blue and days wherein,
I smile and appreciate, embracing freedom again

A Choice had to be made, based on honesty and truth
You knew what you were doing, for years and years you knew
You consciously knew what had to be done
because for fear you were hanging on
for fear and for love
don't assault the truth, you really wanted it to change
you tried and you knew

you caused pain that shouldn't have hurt
you were blamed for disasters that could've been overlooked
you were accused and shooed and forced to choose

And today, it seems as though a replacement has been made
but even so it's not ideal nor relative nor similar, not same
and it's more realistic sometimes since you are still so far deep
to see things of a friend, a confidante and a support

Give things time to grow, giving things time to heal
and remember now more than before
this decision you made by sheer strength, force and will
forced you into the darkness,
a cold and unknown world
Alone.
This for many years you knew
You feared and you knew.
And here it is now, True.

But truth has it's price....
it's for the greater good.

Everything, Nothing. You.
I try to remember these things today
on the eve of such an important day,
But it doesn't change the fact.
Sadness, truth, emptiness, truth, honesty, truth
love, life, freedom, I could not have had it with you.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...