Sunday, October 26, 2008

All in a Song

Everything turns into a song, that's just who I am
and our new neighbors and other friends trying desperately to understand
though we try to explain
but music is in my blood and as practicing musicians we're different
than the ones who once were, who once did
but have now settled down and moved on to something more practical in nature
with 9 to 5 jobs and families to support
we live like you thought in your youth, but it is in our veins, it's really just part of our claim
to keep us sane

we're kinda like vampires, except its no blood we need to suck
we're kinda like vampires, can't properly raise a child or cook a meal
but maybe once in a blue moon.
We stay up really late, if not all night
stay out really late, all of the night
afraid of day light

day light works for the regular folk
but as a child of the song it makes it rather hard to cope
the world wants to change and prepare for the long haul
for the cold nights alone
make preparations for the church induced doctrine of the neo-natal
nuclear family
4.1 beings under one roof, one man, one woman, and the children
the post-modern doctrine of a Christian fundamental world

won't work for us in the rock n roll world
won't work for us to separate ourselves from our souls
to separate ourselves from peoples and beings
and to stop sharing....
why would we ever want to stop sharing?

I embitter as I walk away from the remnants of a traditional role
embarrassed I ever got sucked in
to a world so not me, to a role I couldn't control
a gypsy minded girl

I'm sorry I'm not a separatist, a nuclear family minded conservatist
who claims to be a liberal but still clings to mayflower pilgrim family idealists
so sorry I can't be a hypocrite, smoking cigarittes
while prescribing to social images
so sorry you don't get to taste the open air on my lips
so sad you can't taste the freedom on my fingertips

because when all is said and done
I still have time to write this song

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...