Friday, July 11, 2008

In this empty room

one, two, three, babies at your door
and when he lets you down
you know where you can go
you know where to find me

shiny black my hair-do
walking in the cemetery at dusk, song trails in my thoughts
I'm going to set up my music studio here, in this empty room
visions of apocalypse and dust,  tonight again I'm gonna put on my makeup, belts and boots 
while you sing lullabies in your baby's room
while the other children at your feet scurry to the play room
visions of sunflowers wither and bloom miles between us
smiling thinking of days beyond us
and who knows what is to come

so your belly grows, how many more babies at your door?
do you know I will be here when he goes?
waiting for you dancing in my tall black boots
I will be the one to save you
Still dancing alone in this empty room

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...