Friday, January 18, 2008

art is beautiful

she went so far away and now her songs get airplay
i smile for her, blessed the soul who's art forever may
be recognized a beautiful day

i must recenter myself i say
fuck the rest i say
and i mean it this time
it's here to stay

i spent another night with your frivolity and drinking
your insults and demeaning
and its their art-less life he says no meaning a void
emptiness

and you gotta hurt those you love those who love you
it's only history i say, a fun one we used to brag about it everyday
to everyone's dismay
the rebellion the raw and wretched we knew everyone days
and stayed up all night with the crazies days

those are over boy and girl
and i love you with all my heart
forever in my soul
embedded in my past
in my long long past

if the art is my path
and your art-less life is pain
then i think i should know the answer
it's so obvious in so many other ways
anyway


can't you see the tears in my eyes, crying for our lost golden days
a day which will never come again
it's history a beautiful and brings me such pain

but kiss the sentiment goodbye
nurturing the art is not in your forte' of money and fame
of hob nobbing with glamour nor
your vocabulary of success and neither is my life my ideals

so tata my friends, toodles i say,
may we see each other on yet another plain,
setting myself free to be me and you to be you

knowing we need it to be this way anyway
not fair to bring pain to one another this way

and so that i may chase yet another
sunny artful day

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...