Sunday, January 13, 2008

Do not love us...

until you love yourself

or hold us too tight
if you work so hard to hold us, cage us or snip our wings
do you care that this won't make us happy?
this only suffocates me

don't tell me who to be
or question my reality

nelly says, "i am like a bird

i will only fly away
i don't know where my home is,
I don't know where my soul is,"

you know this about me already
stop trying to box me in

i am not a pet, a baby
an object or something to own

AND
love is not a possession
just let us go

why in love do you want to control?
it's so transparent
your role, your insecurity

know this
you will never own me
we must pity the soul that falls for your gripping steadfast insulting nausea
it's so obvious you love us more than you love yourself
need us to complete you
so sad
holding so tight
afraid to let go

sting said if you love someone
set them free
free free set them free
but your bitterness mean words and biting tongue
will ensure our never return....

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...