Thursday, January 18, 2007

guitar song

hostile he grabs and tells me not to play
sneaky she hides behind her percussion and drums
guitar slipping drug world
heroin in your veins
together we walk to the beauty of the beat

it's like this disease we constantly glide
like swiftly on a cloud or a feather
guitar stringed heroine
superwomanstar

ladies of the night strapped in to the light
heavy sexy pick me up
a little to the left
she misses ever so slightly
there's really nothing out west

just more desert and more wind and lots and lots of pain
emptiness and dry wind and it never ever rains
with her guitar in hand she sings to me
another silly song
i close my ears and shutter
but even i have gone away

i'm somewhere back there on the road
somewhere i fell off
this ride and this truck of life

i brush the dust from my brow and look upon her windsheild
we sang the same damn song for a whole week
in some foreign where they only spoke arabic
or french

and i never cried until she died
hollow hole in her arm

i never cried until she stuck the needle
too far gone

i never cried that day she died
strangled by her guitar string

i never cried until she cried
and sang that damn silly song

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...