Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Worth Something in the End

At the end of the day, who is really happy anyway?
With all our free spirited democracy and social networking hypocrisy
every one is still just trying to live fighting their anxieties

When our parents are getting older and our sisters are still getting high
and illness has seeped in to every corner of everyone's psyche
trying to pretend we're still sane
trying to act like we've got it made

I dreamt that they had to take him back, our cat
and I cried and cried wondering if he was lonely if he was eating

And any of my real blood is halfway around the world living an existence
so different
And I live in a house full of idiots so that I can go and play rock shows and speak about sex woes.
And at the end of the day, no one is really happy and no one is anyone anyway.
We aren't of this earth, just vessels we've decided to invoke
let's just say a prayer and look forward and pray this will all be worth something in the end.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...