Monday, March 22, 2010

A New Song

I was meant to wander the earth alone
and one day, maybe soon I will pack my bags and suddenly be gone
It's just what I must do to travel on

I'm not looking for one thing to own
Just looking for what suits me in the dawn
In the morning of that wakeful hour
If the meaning in this relationship has gone sour
New art, new music, a new flower, a new song
Will you miss me when I am gone..

I give give give but not without expecting return
I don't work for pennies and I don't give free loans
Everything comes with a price, a give and take, just fair and square
Call it what you will, Work with me and I will meet you there

But admiration and love must be within
I'm not about to sit around and pacify your shifty grin
I am selective, do you have what it takes
to shower me with gifts?
If you do, we might just be friends.

I guess I never realized my opportunistic ways
I did, but always turned my head
Some may call it exploitive, or sexploitive
But you cannot just take and in return not give.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...