Friday, September 04, 2009

The Ebb and Floers

Try doing something really exciting and then nothing for a week
unlike you flatliners, he says
he's not speaking to me but to the person within me that I could've been
tried to be
fought with for years
because it just wasn't me
and to the rest of the world it seems
who try to judge us

and I love it when the booze courses its way through my viens and into my brains
I'm an ebb and floer these days
gone are the 9 to 5 days of stability
gone are the limits and immobilitiy
it's mobility and mood lability
bipolar disorder at its best
wonder why we're so manic depressive he says
the artist way can contribute and produce it this very way

The full moon tonight lights my way
He says he won't see me tonight and he'll come over another day
He's a 9 to 5'er an old friend who I once thought was brave
So me and the brave boy go fill up the cart with liquor and berries
Plus, Boys and men and girls and friends lining up to meet me when
All is happening and I'm the center of the stage
I don't care if we live this way
It makes much more sense in the end
I pretty much run away from everyone anyway
for everyone is lost and trying to find their way
flatlining through life a typical nine to five
getting married with husbands and wives
having children and car notes and simple lives

God I just remembered we changed the name
It made me feel so crazy yesterday but today the word got out and no one really cared
no one knows our music anyway, and I think we could blow up just like any day
but then days like today come my way to fill me up with doubt
the ebbing the flowing gone out
I'm trying not to brag or bray
But damn I want this show already on the way.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...