Friday, September 25, 2009

Not Famous Enough

A post on Facebook today from Pepperdine, my alma mater:

Work with a non-profit organization dedicated to eradicating child slavery and empowering children in crisis. Touch A Life operates a number of shelters and various projects in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Ghana. All of our projects are aimed at reaching ultimate goal of improving the lives of children in these countries where so many of them are mistreated, neglected, or living in poverty.


To which end I no longer want to falter
follow it through bitches if that's what you really want
your face on the cover your name in lights
I want recognition and altruism and adoration
but not from non-profit sanctu-ism
not from 3rd world gratuit-ism
but to entertain and be appreciated for my lyrical fortuitism
my gracious-ism random hilarious-ism sexy-ism
so when she says You're Famous.

I say Not Famous Enough.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...