Friday, May 01, 2009

The Very World That Scares You

She walks in stilts and she spits her will
In our faces sweet as silk
At home she cries herself to sleep and basks in guilt
I say it's ok, but I know tomorrow she still won't see it my way
I say it's ok, because lately she's been drunk everyday
Anyway

And if you don't feel truth gripping you at night
at least sometimes throughout the day
and if you can't seem to say the right words
that give the right impression
or wear the right clothes
just live as close to the edge as is possible
without falling off
Is that all you can do?

I can't see the truth when you're blathering in my face
your idiotic lies you tell yourself
all over the place
But oh yes, I can, once I see what you try to do
Unknowingly, unbeknownst to even you
manipulating the world around you 
the very world that scares you

The very world that scares you
I live here too, and I have fears, though none as great as you
Sadness reality grips my soul, your empty sorrows fill your bowl
They stop you dead in your tracks and sever your wings sever your so
I wish you could see, wish you could know

I may appear brave to many this way, I may seem courageous all caution at bay
but it's just that there is nothing to lose
when it comes to happiness and having my way.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...