Monday, May 04, 2009

Let Go Of This Rope

Seven weeks and counting....I can no longer befriend you
Seven weeks and counting....I can no longer tell you
Things about my life and my path and my soul, well you don't hear me anyway
You're off and running, worried about your own little world
Lack of carbohydrates coursing through your veins...
It can affect your memory they say.
But lack of anything or too much of something all has the same effect.

Dear old lady, I hear you really like me
Isn't it clear to you.... that's what makes me good at what I do.
Altruistic, gentle and kind, but real and smart out for myself too.
You tried to scare me, to insult me, and that was really ugly of you.
If I were weaker, I may have believed you.
And luckily, I am braver than you.

Sure, I worry at night I lose sleep too, but I know I can think greater thoughts
do greater things and ultimately that's what gets me through

Because I am going to take the biggest leap ever, let go of this rope
it ties me down, like a tether
And I apologize in advance, but I don't really feel bad.
Because you chose security you chose death, survival over living....
That's your choice...not mine.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...