Thursday, March 19, 2009

Schooling

No more waiting
No more waiting tables for you in my underwear
No more back seat to this propriety
working with these selfish identities
the people I know trying to develop me as though they have something better than me
always trying to school me

My schooling days are coming to an end, and you can say what you want about this that and the other
and
you can show off your skills and expect me to cower
and
you can try to instigate by suggesting I'm afraid
a deer caught in headlights
you can do what you want
but sometimes the followers will lead
and sometimes the schooled will teach
and sometimes I may close my eyes and give you the finger
and walk away
give you the finger and walk away

half of my years spent
being second best
to you them and everyone else
coveting something meant for someone else
but the day is closing when the hourglass is about half
the day is coming to the mid point
mid life
middle of the road
midlife crisis? I don't think so
Mostly calculated but not always so clear,
I took a backseat to you my dear
for many years

But now my schooling is done
for there were so many things I still have to learn
but will lead in the ways that maybe you cannot follow.
And if you cannot, then that is your own sorrow...

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...