Friday, March 13, 2009

Giving up Portraits

I've given into the giving up my portraits, I have no idea whether I come or go
I'm so used to the weathering, the tethering of my dreams
Holding myself back but pushing myself forward
To such opposite extremes

On the one hand I get what I want
in terms of toys and gain
on the other hand I don't get to nourish my soul
like dancing in the rain 
on the one hand I help so many others in need
at the cost of me
Sure they get what they want
and they get a piece of me

and at the end of the day, there is not much left
have I surrendered to this soul
of helping people helping people
at the expense of rock and roll

Isn't what I am doing noble? Not if it causes harm
to my soul and the ones around me
Not if I'm barely hanging on...

There are so many things to worry about
About making ends meet and such
and people not capable of bringing in their share
and living in the dust
And at the end of the day
and even the beginning I can barely even start
so saddened by the fear and prospects
of this and that and us


No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...