Monday, February 25, 2013

I Choose Voices

Workaholic and selfish
I don't have time for relationships
a slew of fair weathered friendships
a ton of late night parties
Then I disappear

So many options
I can't be everything to everyone
Nor something to just one
Unless I am someone to me
Center of my own universe

I work hard and I play hard
and in between I sleep

I choose my patients over my friends
I choose my patience over my friends
Until the weekend
I choose my voice then

Callous and cold
I say yes then I say no
but part of me feels like
you had your chance
and now it's my turn.

We all choose
In the end
yes we do

I don't regret my choices
do you?
I don't regret my voices,
either.

It's painful but I do, choose my guitar over you.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...