Sunday, May 15, 2011

Open Road Rapture

So I am drinking wine again, after staying up all night until 10AM with you
And I'm tired but focused
Happy but sad

My life has changed oh yes it has
just a year ago
a houseful or rock n roll
now daddy boy children
our lives continue to unfold

the early days and dreams were somehow preserved
but too many late nights lonely
not out on the road
we reasoned but one day
we reckoned frozen to the bone
cold and alone

So we're onto new creative projects
though the old ones still forge us
and somedays I falter
as I miss the freedom concept
open road rapture

Do the right thing
And I will support you
I always thought boundaries
were forceful
Suggesting wrong or good
I never thought boundaries were personal
respect me you fool

But no longer can we play the fool
4 decades in
no longer can we let this happen
We can't let the weak win

Wisdom is strength only when exercised
Wisdom and strength are good when exercised.
When you're onto something good something real
just persevere
The promise you can feel

I guess the saddest part is that if it's good
it doesn't mean it's right
and if it's right, it might not feel good
but what road you choose is it the one that rules the roost?

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...