Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bitching and Moaning

I remember the 99cent days
buying gifts for each other and our friends
I remember the lipgloss madness the betty boop sticky notes
You wanted me to be comfortable and happy
But I only bitched and moaned

I remember being scared and alone
it wasn't my time
I remember wanting to own the
bohemian lifestyle
You made it be mine
You gave me what I wanted in every which way
I got what I wanted
You told me what I wanted you to say
My ears were filled with feline gossip
you just wanted to fit in
I guess what I needed to hear is how wrong I was
and what a bad decision I was makin
But you thought it was the right choice
And maybe you're still right.

And now I am stuck with this bitching and complaining
no time to write or wander aimlessly through the dollar store
Still craving balance
In an unfulfilled world of madness

I still muster at what you gave me
I still flounder with what I want
One day its security the next its a bedside table
with empty bottles and lots of books
Overall I know I am right in being here right here right now
But knowledge only soothes me somewhat knowing you gave me what I wanted
Until that day it broke
Until that day we broke.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...