Friday, December 14, 2012

The Year of Many Friends and Many Plans

Sometimes I like to ride the bus he said,
with the brides on public transportation
that was after a bomb was dropped
another one perhaps
He's always got something new up his sleeve
I wonder what it will be next, and I busy myself

With this project and that
this idea and that
plans bubbling over next to my bed
a million things unfinished

Till I come home today and I learn to say no
to this girl and that
frivolity, night clubs, and suburban friends
what's the difference I wonder
between impulsiveness and spontaneity
Is doing what I want,
isn't it all the same?

'Twas was the year of many friends
But not anymore

I'm tired of losing focus.
Of trying to fit it all in.
Of trying to be the nice girl.
I've regretted it too much.

He said, he thought it was a play on Geisha
I wanted to go that night
He made me laugh.

I go when I wanna go. The difference is in the knowledge.
Of what you want, and what you need.

He said, it reminded him of beat poetry.
She said I talked like she sang.
They were the best compliment I received.
It was the best compliment I received.

And I woke up with Toronto on the brain.

He said El Salvador. She said, Thailand.
I said Yes, Yes, Yes, but dream of the Sagittarian City
for the writing sabbatical, and of course the New York album.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...