Thursday, March 08, 2007

veganism

i stopped eating meat so many years coming coming coming
i drink soy milk and spit out the tobacco sweat jeans
they beat down the people of this country
just like the way they do the animal.s.o.s.o.s
these people need help
with their weight
with their health
just ask Oprah

but it's in their brain the american dream
to consume consume consume everything in sight
and take it for their own
it's really their brain that needs help
and their soul has been lost to the land
the land which is in bad hands
clearly in the wrong hands

i walked through the valleys
smelled the flat lands of Bush-country
as he cried cried cried to me because he can't get out
get out get out
of the Texan badlands

as he ate that chopped chicken salad free of carbs
and i washed down my lentils semolina pasta with vodka vodka vodka
and followed it up with a cigarette even though i cough cough cough
every night

cuz it's the addictions they scoff, thinking me so vain?
why should i give a damn about my lungs
while the baby pigs and cows die the slow wretched American death
and the girls with their manicured manicures
think i do it for my health

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...