Monday, March 18, 2013

It Was Coming

I say I don't
But really I do

I say let's play
But really the game
means so much more
or so much less
than fun

And I pretend it's not
what you pretend it to be
I pretend it's no more
no hope that
we will see

And I lie to myself
then I cry myself to sleep
then 2AM it comes
and another appears
up ahead
and I know
because I don't
want
need
feel

That this must have been real

I wish it meant less
or more to you than me
I wish the shoe fit just like a glove
or a feeling like a bird sits in a tree
I wish I wouldn't fall to flights of fancy or freedom
But I know it's not random or nothing
I know it meant something

To me I know
It was coming.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...