Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I No Longer Desire Things Like A Child

The sky opened up today
As you spoke those words I'd heard so many times before
But In the light of this new day.

I'm sorry I'm not in love like before
But not sorry those days were cloudy confused desperate
Today so clear these skies
Not a single cloud in my eye.

Your steadfast strength
I cannot own
Nor do I wish to anymore
By your side
I hope to help you rise

This is the 2nd half of my life.

You still make me cry
Tears spill from my eyes
But it's just the old stuffs I say
The fears of our old deaths
Trauma seeps in
I still dream of you at night
And dream about a life of ours
But things are different now
I no longer desire things like a child


Except to live my life the way I've got to do
Within me inside you if it means 


Things are different now
Time to see things in a different light.

No comments:

The Glorious Burn

I'm angry and they say it's the stress Something traumatic from the day I left there No it had nothing to do with the Years of snort...